To participate in North Texas Giving Day, a nonprofit must:
- Have a physical location/mailing address in one of these 20 counties:
- Palo Pinto
- 509(a)(3)* type I, II, and III functionally integrated
- If classified as a 501(c)(3) organization your nonprofit must fall in one of the following sub-categories to be eligible. This information can be found on your Letter of Determination given to you by the IRS.
*509(a)(3) organizations will need to provide additional documentation in order to be considered for participation in North Texas Giving Day.
- Acknowledge that 100% of proceeds raised through North Texas Giving Day will go directly towards the organization’s programs and services in the counties listed above.
- Have a completed North Texas Giving Day Profile by August 2019.
The following organizations are Not Eligible:
- Private Foundations (Operating and Non-Operating)
- Chambers of Commerce
- 509(a)(3) Type III - Non-functionally Integrated
- Foreign Organizations
- Each nonprofit's page will include a link to their Guidestar profile to provide donors with more detailed information on the organization's mission and use of its charitable dollars.
- Approval of an organization's participation in North Texas Giving Day does not constitute an express or implied endorsement by Communities Foundation of Texas or any other Giving Day partner of a nonprofit or its mission.