To participate in North Texas Giving Day, a nonprofit must:
- Have a physical location/mailing address in one of these North Texas counties:
(Dallas, Tarrant, Collin, Denton, Ellis, Erath, Hood, Hunt, Johnson, Kaufman, Navarro, Palo Pinto, Parker, Rockwall, Somervell, and Wise Counties)
- acknowledge that 100% of the proceeds they raised through North Texas Giving Day will go directly towards the organization’s North Texas program/service/community in the counties listed above;
- have a completed Giving Day Profile by August 15, 2017; and
- be in good standing with the state and the IRS and not be in violation of any applicable state or federal law, ordinance or regulation;
- be a 509(a)(1), 509(a)(2), Private Operating Foundations, or 509(a)(3) Type l/ll.
- any organization qualified by the IRS under the eligible statuses above must provide additional documentation before their profile can be approved if we are unable to find them in Guidestar.
- Private foundations ( non-operating), PTAs and PTOs, places of worship, 509(a)(3) type lll (non-functionally integrated), foreign organizations, individuals and disqualified supporting organizations are not eligible to participate in North Texas Giving Day.
- Each nonprofit's page will include a link to their Guidestar profile to provide donors with more detailed information on the organization's mission and use of its charitable dollars.
- Approval of an organization's participation in North Texas Giving Day does not constitute an express or implied endorsement by CFT or any other Giving Day partner of a nonprofit or its mission.
*North Texas is defined by the North Texas Central Council of Governments as the 16 county region listed above.